This blog is more about history than anything else, but it’s worth noting that it’s the time of year when the fashion press publishes it’s Fall fashion reports and, once again, it’s clear that boots are a big deal. Apparently red is a big deal this year, as are sock boots, and slouch boots, which are basically loose-fitting over-the-knee boots that are worn squished down below the knee. A particular favorite of mine are the boots by Off White that are emblazoned with the words “Made for Walking” in big white letters. Free advertising? Why not?
- Bennet, Alexis. 2017. The one shoe trend that will win you all the compliments this fall. InStyle, Aug 9, 2017. Web, retrieved 08/17/2017.
- Kirkpatrick, Emily. 2017. Obsessed or hot mess: check out these daring looks. People, August 16. Web, retrieved 08/18/2017.
- Perez-Gurri, Stephanie. 2017. How to wear red boots if you’re not a supermodel. InStyle, Aug 10, 2017. Web, retrieved 08/17/2017.
- Perez-Gurri, Stephanie. 2017. Shop the runway-approved red boot trend this fall. InStyle, Aug 14, 2017. Web, retrieved 08/17/2017.
- Sheppard, Ciara. 2017. 14 pairs of slouch boots to saunter around in all autumn long. Glamour (UK), Aug 18, 2017. Web, retrieved 08/18/2017.
One thought on “Fall Trends, 2017”
That looks promising. even though I’m a child of the late 90s with their 60s reboot (lol) and those short A-shaped skirts, I also love that Midi-Skirt-Boots-Charlie’s-Angel look!