Apparently it’s called “lampshading” – wearing a sweater, tunic, or dress with a loose or bell-shaped hem over a pair of knee-high or over-the-knee boots, giving off a distinct ‘lampshade’ effect. The Daily Mail thinks it “nods to the mod look of ’60s shift dresses and go-go boots.” I think the Daily Mail ought to learn more about what the ‘mod’ look actually means.
- Lampshading @ The Fashion Obsession
- Kardashians Lead the Pack with ‘Lampshading’ Trend @ Trending Style
- Fashion Police: Lampshading @ Jadicted
- Give Lampshading a Go @ Pop Sugar
- Lampshading @ Polyvore
- Screen-grab from The Fashion Obsession.com
One thought on “A new trend for 2016”